Where we find that the Service Provider has not acted correctly, we will recommend what it should do to make things right.
CFM will analyse and investigate a complaint in order to determine whether there has been a breach of the GCC.
In the course of analysing a complaint which we find that a similar complaint has been historically resolved with some practical approach, we would recommend a practical resolution to the Service Provider and may include quick fixes such as :
- Some practical action
- Giving an explanation
- Immediate rectification of the root cause problem
Once a breach is confirmed, we will consider the following factors to decide on the type of sanction to be imposed on the Service Provider:
- Seriousness of the breach
- Past conduct of Service Provider with respect to compliance of the GCC
- Representations made by the Service Provider with regards to the alleged breach
CFM can issue compliance reminders to ensure adherence to Service Providers which includes:
- Issuance of a caution notice
- Issuance of a warning notice
- We will continuously monitor the status of the breach until satisfactorily rectified.