CFM was established in February 2001 as a society with representation from all relevant parties, including the “supply and demand” side of the communications and multimedia industry. It was designated by MCMC as the Communications and Multimedia Consumer Forum in 2002 to protect the rights of consumers of that sector. This is in line with the requirements of the CMA which facilitates industry self-regulation.
As a designated forum, CFM is tasked with, among others, the preparation of consumer Codes that would be used as a base guideline for the provisioning of services by the communications and multimedia service providers. The General Consumer Code (GCC) was accepted by MCMC as an industry Code in 2002 along with the Internet Access Code.
CFM reviews and updates the GCC every 3 years. An annual report is also available on activities and progress of CFM. Please check on the website to download or write in to email@example.com to obtain a PDF copy.
The catalyst for the development of a conducive consumer environment in C&M industry
To be the C&M advocator of consumerism & platform for mutual exchange of information for the benefit of consumers and the C&M industry as a whole.
- To facilitate and promote self-advocacy among the consumers through the dissemination of information
- To strengthen the positive bond between service providers and consumers
- To establish a conducive environment in promoting a high level of consumer confidence in the service delivery of the C&M providers
- To nurture the culture of mutual respect amongst service providers and consumers in generating guidelines and code of ethics through mutual understanding / agreement
Below are the key functions of CFM:
To draft, develop, prepare, amend, modify, review and update the Codes.
To advise the Council on legal requirements and considerations.
To enlist and update membership of CFM.
Education and Promotions
To promote the objectives and publish the activities of CFM and to provide avenues for dissemination of public information and education regarding consumer rights.
To provide avenues for lodging complaints relating to consumer matters. To provide for procedures for handling complaints and grievances and to recommend solutions for the resolution of such complaints.
Compliance & Monitoring
To enhance the understanding of the General Consumer Code (GCC) among service providers, to promote adoption of GCC in service providers’ procedure, practices and policy, to ensure a high level of compliance with GCC and to prepare the industry for self-regulation.
* For Internal Used Only
For CFM’s members that would like to get the softcopy, kindly email to firstname.lastname@example.org
LISTS OF CFM STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES (SOPs)
COMPLAINTS AND COMPLIANCE MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT (CCMD)
- SOP PENGENDALIAN ADUAN
- SOP PENGENDALIAN ADUAN PERINGKAT KE-2
- SOP LANJUTAN PERTIKAIAN PENYELESAIAN ADUAN
- SOP PENGAWASAN KEPEMATUHAN KEPADA PERUNTUKAN KOD AMALAN AM PENGGUNA
COMMUNICATIONS AND PUBLIC RELATIONS DEPARTMENT (CPRD)
- SOP PENERBITAN ARTIKELCFM
- SOP SIARAN AKHBAR DAN KENYATAAN MEDIA
- SOP BULETIN CFM SHOUT – PENERBITAN DAN PENGEDARAN
- SOP MEMUATNAIK DAN MENGEMASKINI INFORMASI DALAM LAMAN SESAWANG CFM
- SOP MEMUATNAIK DAN MENGEMASKINI INFORMASI DI MEDIA SOSIAL CFM
- SOP PENERBITAN LAPORAN TAHUNAN CFM
- SOP PENGENDALIAN ACARA JEMPUTAN
- SOP PENGENDALIAN ACARA CFM
STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT (SMD)
- SOP KEMASUKAN AHLI BARU
- SOP PENGURUSAN PEMBAYARAN YURAN KEAHLIAN
- SOP PENGURUSAN PENAMATAN KEAHLIAN
- SOP PENGURUSAN PERMOHONAN GERAN
- SOP PENGURUSAN PERMOHONAN SUMBANGAN
SECRETARIAT ADMINSTRATION DEPARTMENT (SAD)
- SOP TEMPAHAN BILIK MESYUARAT DAN PENYEDIAAN MAKANAN DAN MINUMAN
- SOP TUNTUTAN
- SOP PERMOHONAN PENGINAPAN DAN PENGANGKUTAN
- SOP PENGGUNAAN KENDERAAN RASMI PEJABAT
- SOP PERMOHONAN CUTI
- SOP WANG TUNAI GANTIAN CUTI TAHUNAN
- SOP PENGELUARAN CEK DAN PEMBAYARAN
- SOP PEROLEHAN BARANGAN DAN PERKHIDMATAN
- SOP PENDAFTARAN PEMBEKAL BARANGAN DAN PERKHIDMATAN